Monday, February 27, 2006

New England Bound

Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading to New Haven, CT for a business meeting. I'm taking the Acela, and excited at the thought of having 4-1/2 hours of peace and reading on the Quiet Car. Plus I get to be out of the office most of tomorrow and Weds, which is great. When I get back, the boss is out for the rest of this week and a good deal of next. So maybe I'll be able to recover my sanity.

My boss gets migraines, and they seem to coincide with her particularly crazy weeks. They seem to also coincide with my severly PMS-ing weeks too, which doesn't help. I'm sure that's more information than anyone wanted to know, so I'll stop there. I won't be back to blogging until Thursday cause I'm traveling tomorrow, in a meeting all day Weds, and getting in late that night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, it's not too much info - can you please go into more detail, please?

NOAAgirl said...

Love the train... enjoy the ride.

The more important question is: what will you be reading? That journey should be worth about 1.5-2 books.

NOAAgirl said...

Well - depending on whether they are "War and Peace" or "DaVinci Crap"...er "DaVinci Code." And it isn't just the 9 hours of silence (up and back) but also boredom in the hotel room late at night.

I get through a book in a week/week and a half if I am diligent in reading - 1 hour a day on the train. It's amazing how much you can get read. I started "The World is Flat" last week and I'm about 3/4 done, and I missed a day or two of train time to iPod daydreaming, Economist reading.

jeffro said...

oh, give in to the dark side, young lenapeans, and read the code...

NOAAgirl said...

Oh I read it... all the way through, and thought it was the biggest bunch of tripe since the Scottish Highlands Games.

Gawdawful.