Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Gone Too Fast

After my surprise early dismissal on Friday, Jeffro and I went to have dinner at Naan and Beyond on 23rd Street in Arlington. The food was absolutely wonderful, the service not so great. The samosa appetizer was to die for, as were the entrees. However, we were told the soda machine was not working, so we had to order something else to drink. Our dinner took about 25 mins to come out. Mind you, there was only one other couple in the restaurant. And the dinner came out after the waiter came through the front door, apparently after running some errand. Then somehow the soda we had tried to order earlier magically appeared. At the end of the meal, the waiter brought the check and said we had to pay cash, as the credit card machine was broken. Clearly a lie as later he amended his statement to say he preferred cash. At that point I noticed on the bill that they had charged us for both the soda and the other drink we'd ordered when they told us the soda could not be attained. So I made them take it off the bill, as we wouldn't have ordered the other drink if our first choice had been available. It was all just very bizarre. I later learned by doing some research on the web that they had some health code problems during their last inspection. I think that's the first and last time we'll go there.

Saturday I took a yoga/pilates class with my friend Kin and then we went out for Vietnamese pho. Since it was raining all day, it was perfect day for noodle soup. Today I ran some much-needed errands and then had dinner with my neighbor and watched
Sideways while drinking a bottle of pinot noir. Jeffro is occupied with the Super Bowl. I think I'm the only American who just doesn't give a crap and would rather be doing anything else.

4 comments:

jeffro said...

you ain't watchin' yo' Steelers play?

Anonymous said...

I was given the choice between enchiladas and football. It's not that I don't *care* about the Superbowl. Just that I don't care enough to skip out on food that involves chile and salsa.

Besides, restaurants are pretty vacant on Superbowl Sunday. Very convenient. Maybe if you'd gone to Naan today, the service would have been better...

Anonymous said...

Eh, I only half watched the game, having been distracted by all the food, people to talk to, and awesome Rotties that were at the party we went to. Still, yay Steelers! Gotta appreciate my hometown's sister city making it all the way! -- mj

CC said...

I do agree, yay Steelers. When I was a kid and actually watched football with my family, I just loved the Steelers. So I'm happy about the outcome, just didn't care to see how they'd gotten there.