Sunday, February 19, 2006

Martina McBride

BTW, the Martina McBride show on Friday night was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. She was really on and sounded great. The show was split into two parts. The first part showcased her latest CD, Timeless, which covers old country hits. I liked this better than I thought I would. The second half really livened up when she started performing her hits from the past 10 years. She opened with a butt-kicking "When God-Fearing Women Get the Blues" and ended with this beautiful rendition of "Over the Rainbow." The best part of the show was when someone in the audience asked Martina if her husband was there cause she thought he was hot, and Martina told her that he was taken and she "didn't want to have to kick her ass." It was so funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed Martina. I got stranded without a ride or a sidekick, and thus had to miss my Friday concert. I will therefore live through your experience, even though I'm not what you could call a Martina fan. Awesome!