Thursday, February 02, 2006

Franklin Covey

I spent all day today at a Franklin Covey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People one-day workshop. It was actually pretty good. The leader, Homero, was excellent. I like stuff like this, particularly when work pays for it and I get out of the office for the day. The weird thing was my boss and a coworker took it with me, so no chance to talk any dirt about my real job with other people there (it was an interactive thing). I got a bunch of cool planning stuff, so I guess somehow I gotta get myself organized. The hard part is you come out all jazzed but then get back into the real world and reform all the old habits you used to have instead of using the 7 new ones. I guess maybe I flunked the seminar?

3 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Ray is going through some training where they are talking about the Covey stuff all this week....

turns out it's all some vast Mormon conspiracy-type thing, if they are capable of that. All these people writing these corporate guru manuals (From Good to Great, 7 habits, what color are you, etc) are all Mormons.

Apparently most of the corporate trainers that he has are from Utah too.

So weird.

jeffro said...

i thought it was stephen covey?

CC said...

Yes, Stephen Covey is the author of the books. Not sure where Franklin Covey came from, maybe just his corporation name? You'd have to research it. And I wouldn't doubt it's some crazy conspiracy at all.