Thursday, December 22, 2005

You Could Get Hit by a Bus Tomorrow

Apparently this morning a woman was hit by a bus right outside our office. It was pretty crazy, they closed a bunch of streets, my boss couldn't get near enough the office to park. What a terrible thing--apparently she was not only hit, but dragged and run over. Really awful story. I wonder if it will make the news tonight. Since it happened right after I got in this morning, it kind of made me think that you know, things could be a lot worse. Her poor family right before the holidays.

On a brighter note, tomorrow is only 1/2 day. I'm working until noon, then have to do a little last Christmas shopping, including exchanging a gift for my niece already and buying more paper to finish wrapping. My sister comes in from FL tomorrow night, and Jeffro's mom is coming from Jersey on Saturday.

3 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Wow - people are getting hit by busses all over the place! There was a woman who got hit by a bus yesterday in Gaithersburg, and I think someone else got hit by a bus this morning.

How do people not notice a bus coming at them?

Merry Christmas!

jeffro said...

DC has camoflage buses

Pipi Longstockings said...

God, wht a crappy thing to happen so close to Xmas.

Anyway, Merry Trishmas & Happy Holidays