Saturday, December 31, 2005

Just Shoot Me!

Well, Friday I learned how to give myself my own allergy shot. It was quite an experience. I'm at the end of my 3-year treatment, and now on a maintenance dose, so it's pretty safe to do it myself since it's always the same amount. The caveat is I have to have my epi-pen ready, and do it while someone is there in case I keel over and die. I just can't make it to the allergist once a week anymore with my new job, taking it at my primary care isn't working out too well, and I'm tired of paying my copayment every week for something I could do myself. Needless to say, giving my first shot was a little weird. It didn't hurt too bad, but I guess my technique is bad, cause the shot site swelled up really huge and red and hot. I was really freaking out for a while, but around dinnertime last night it seemed to start getting better, and it's definitely better today.

3 comments:

jeffro said...

that's a really cool picture!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really crazy that you can give it to yourself... I'd say congrats except I'm not sure it's something you'd prefer congrats on. --mj

NOAAgirl said...

Eeeew. Just eeeew. And, eeew.

I couldn't do it, more power to you.

/fainting at the thought and sight of a needle.