Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend Update

What a crazy weekend. I'm exhausted and wish I had a weekend to recover. It took most of Saturday and Sunday to finish my Christmas shopping, and I'm not even sure I'm happy with some of my choices. Sigh. When you have 6 nieces and nephews, shopping can be a little challenging.

Saturday night Jeffro and I went to my friend's annual Beethoven's birthday party. It's their excuse to throw a Christmas party (they're a little eccentric, but very nice). They always have an interesting theme and crazy food. This year it was Middle Eastern theme, as my friend had taken a cooking course and wanted to share her new skills. Each year it astounds me how people actually cook complicated dishes to bring to the party. Must be nice to have that kind of time. Me, I just bought some store-bought couscous and hummus and called it a party. I got to see some old friends, and make some new and very interesting ones.

Sunday night we went to see Les Mis at the National Theatre. I'd never seen it and had heard mixed reviews from friends. I was pleasantly surprised, and liked it more than I thought I would. Almost all the singers had very strong voices, and the harmonies were wonderful.

No comments: