Sunday, October 16, 2005


Weekend Update

It was a crazy one, frequently involving too much wine . . .

Friday night - Jeffro met me at work, where we were in the middle of a crisis at 5 pm on Friday to decide whether to "stop the presses," literally, on the invitiation to our December event. I'm like "look, I have to go, my boyfriend is on his way and we're going out." Very professional. We went to see Matt Nathanson and it was an ok show. Not as good as the first time I'd seen him.

Saturday - slept in late cause we'd been out late the night before. I had to go shoe shopping, and thought about calling my friend MJ, cause I hadn't talked to her since her brother's wedding, but didn't really have time. Ironically, MJ was there at DSW . . . . So we helped each other with our purchases and it was a good girly time. That night we went to his friend Bettina's housewarming party--and where the too much wine occurred. As we left, her parting comment was, "are you sure you don't want another bottle?" I didn't know whether to be amused or mortified. Oh well.

Sunday - my friend Cristine came over and we went to brunch at Cafe Mariana in Alexandria. She found this huge metal object in her salad, which caused us to get the entire meal free. Sweet! Then I did some errands/housework and had a nice cheese/fruit/wine dinner with my neighbor.

What gorgeous weather we had, overall. And I was excited to get to wear my sandals one last time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lush!

jeffro said...

nice profile picture!

Anonymous said...

she found a metal object in her meal? Do tell. Was it her ear ring?

CC said...

Ha, ha. Actually, it looked like part of some kitchen appliance that had fallen off . . .