Monday, October 03, 2005

Big Sister

Apparently our new boss wants full access to our Microsoft Outlook calendars. We all use these to schedule meetings--at a glance you can see people's schedule and whether or not they are busy at certain times when you're trying to set up a meeting. Very useful. Busy time or out of the office time show up as different color blocks, but no specific info is given on what the person is doing. The boss has decided she wants access to all of our calendars so she has all the details. I am so pissed! Not that I have anything bad on there . . . even I'm not stupid enough to say "3 pm, interview with XXX" but it's such an invasion of privacy. What is she gonna come track us down in the middle of a meeting now? Or perhaps she can come find us if we have lunch with a friend. Or maybe she could come with me on my doctor appointments. That would be fun.

No comments: