Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Joe Bland

Was anything but bland. He was a long-distance colleague that I saw about twice a year. Quite a character and funny guy, kind of a living legend. Unfortunately he's been sick for a while, and I found out this morning that he died on Sunday. I'm pretty bummed. So I just thought I'd write this little note about him, he will be missed.

It's a tough day today for other reasons too. I seem to be fighting off a cold and have a pretty bad headache. My sister who lives in FL is also going to the doc today, and we're not expecting good news as they've found another chronic condition that she has. I only came to work today because the boss is still out, and I'm expecting a proof I need to turn around quickly. Other than that, I think I'd be home in bed. Who knows, maybe I'll do that tomorrow instead.

No comments: