Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend

I must say I had a very nice weekend. I did a lot of fun stuff and some productive stuff. Wish I’d been more productive, but I seem to always choose fun over work these days. Here’s a recap:

Friday – met Jeffro for dinner and went to Matuba in Arlington. Very good sushi restaurant on Columbia Pike. Afterwards, I had to walk my neighbors dogs—2 of which were husky puppies rescued from Katrina. They were very cute and it was fun to watch them wrestle each other continually.

Saturday – I almost went apple picking with MJ, but couldn’t get my act together in time. So she got a few apples for me anyway, thanks MJ. I went instead to Art on the Avenue in Del Ray (Alexandria) and it was a nice time, although the day was hotter than expected. I bought a birthday gift for a neighbor and 2 pair of earrings for myself. That night we met some friends for dinner at Carlyle in Shirlington and had a lot of laughs.

Sunday – Happy Birthday to my sister. I had sent her a package for her b-day, so she opened it while I talked on the phone. I got her this funny book, Your Cat’s Just Not That Into You: What Part of Meow Don't You Understand?, among other things. My dogs got a much-needed bath, I had dinner and wine with a neighbor, then went grocery shopping with Jeffro. How peaceful shopping on a Sunday night!

And now we’re back at work and thrilled as always to be here.

1 comment:

jeffro said...

boy, i could go for an apple!