Thursday, October 27, 2005

Bad Day

Oh boy, it's been a bitch of a week at the ranch. We had our board meeting, where of course everyone picked on everything that relates to my job. Oh, it was fun! Then we had a staff debriefing, where we had to rehash everything that pissed me off in the board meeting. Then the president tells me I have to get a press release out by the next day. A press release I haven't written yet. A press release that needs to be approved by several people before it can go out. She just has no grasp on reality, and how real work actually gets done. She thinks you can just blink your eyes and magically, it's all taken care of! This happened at 4 pm and I had just sent everyone a reminder that I was taking Friday off, so exactly how am I supposed to do this? So I remind her after the meeting--if I'd brought it up at the meeting she would have just used that as a reason to berate me and make me look like an ass in front of everyone as she loves to do--and she gave me some leeway until noon on Monday. Boy, isn't she nice?

Then I find out Jeffro has to work tomorrow and we cannot leave for our glorious weekend away from home at my alma mater, Wililam and Mary. I have an interviewed planned for tomorrow morning, but hell if I'm going to work after that. I've already put in for vacation, so I will have a nice fun day off. Wonder what I'll do after my interview. The possibilities are endless. I'm just thrilled I don't have to be at the office where they can all go to hell! Can you tell I'm at the end of my rope? I am seriously tempted to just up and quit without a job to go to, that's how bad it's gotten.

1 comment:

jeffro said...

i'm excited to go to work tomorrow. really.