Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Series of Unfortunate Events

No, not the movie. My morning. It started at 5 when my apparently still-sick dog scratched at the door to go outside. So I drag myself out of bed and take him out, and he starts eating grass. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means he's trying to make himself puke again and I'm not having it at 5 a.m.! His stomach is gurgling audibly, and he won't do anything else outside but eat grass, so I drag him back in and try to get him to take more medicine from our vet visit the other day. No such luck. I try to hide it in peanut butter, canned dog food, cheese and he's having none of it. As a last resort, since my bed is calling to me to come back to sleep, I just shove the pill down the back of his throat and force him to take it. I've never had to resort to that before, but it's such a tiny pill I figured I could make it work and thank God it did.

That whole episode made me tired and therefore I couldn't get out of bed at the designated time. I got to the bus stop fairly late, but there was someone else waiting there already so I figured I didn't miss the last bus. As I'm waiting, a neighbor offers to drive me and the other guy to L'Enfant Plaza. I know this guy from walking the dogs so I say great. We get to L'Enfant and it takes at least 10 minutes to find the actual metro entrance. The other guy, who supposedly works at L'Enfant is getting me lost trying to find some alternate entrance that apparently doesn't really exist, so I strike out on my own and again head the wrong way. Then my contact lens started really bothering me and not much I can do about it cause I don't want to stick my metro-dirty-hands in my eyes. I finally get to my stop near work and it starts to drizzle. So I arrive to work all drizzly, hassled, sweaty cause it's so humid, and not being able to see. My first stop is the bathroom, and after I wash my filthy hands I rip the contact lens out of my eye and immediately see and fix the problem.

But wait, there's more! I had washed out my lunch container last night and thought I dried it out well this morning. But apparently not, as everything in my lunch was soggy and ruined by the time I got to the office.

Needless to say, I'm having a closed door morning while I try to regain some composure . . . can I just go back to bed and start all over??

No comments: