Monday, September 26, 2005

How Can It Be Monday?

I’m sitting here in my office trying to talk myself out of being grumpy this morning. I had a lousy commute in, starting with a standing-only bus that I refused to board, and messages from the boss asking for a report that I had left her before my day off Friday and she neglected to find.

That being said, here are highlights from the weekend:

Friday – drove with
Jeffro up to central PA and visited his alma mater, Bucknell. He insisted that Bucknell is prettier than my alma mater, William and Mary, which is completely absurd! So we will soon make a trip to Williamsburg so he can see that my college kicks his college's ass! We spent the day walking around campus and he bought me a t-shirt to convert me to a Bucknell Bison.

We spent the evening at the
Inn at New Berlin, which was very lovely and stayed in a pretty room with a turret. Dinner was at Gabriel’s in the lower level of the inn. Very convenient, yet made for a somewhat noisy stay.

Saturday we drove around a bunch of small towns nearby and did some antique shopping. The best part of the day was coming across this really cool covered bridge, which I would show you if the "adding images" function would work properly. I have to say small towns definitely have their charm. Headed back home Saturday night to be back for a visit from Jeffro’s father, which unfortunately didn’t happen. But that meant I had the day to get things done, so I could start the week feeling good that my errands were run, house cleaned, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find Bucknell to be a much pretty school than William & Mary!

Anonymous said...

Bucknell is so much better than William & Mary...

Anonymous said...

Whatever. Rutgers kicks the butt of your boring rural school in the middle of nowhere.