Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Staying Afloat

More rain again today. Will it ever end? Things have been nutty as usual. I have to be "Toastmaster of the Day" tomorrow in Toastmasters, and I'm kind of nervous about it. It's been a huge pain in the you-know-what to organize. Basically you have to run the entire meeting, including securing speakers and stuff. Remind me to never be a meeting organizer.

The Fourth was pretty fun and low-key. I got up late, did a crossword puzzle and an easy Sudoku with Jeffro (the only ones I can solve are easy!) then headed to the pool for some R&R. I am the biggest wimp about getting in the water, but it was so hot that I literally jumped right in at one point without really even feeling the temperature. It was heavenly. That evening I was supposed to be hosting a little BBQ for Jeffro and my neighbor, but just after I got the grill set up the storm clouds started moving in. So I covered the grill and used the stove to broil instead. Not quite as much fun, but it worked.

Today felt like Monday, but thank God it's not and the week is almost over. I still have been too chicken to plug in my TV again, and I'm having an electrician come out Friday to look over the wiring first. Between that and my six month review with my boss off-site, I'll barely be in the office all day, which is good and bad. I'm totally swamped, but totally stressed and can use a day off. Guess this is the closest thing I'll get for a while.

1 comment:

jeffro said...

at least you'll get some free tea!