Monday, July 10, 2006

"Dire"

Let's just say my weekend wasn't all it was cracked up to be. My 13-year old dog was sick all weekend, and I mean with diarrhea. Now, given the fact that a dog can't get to a bathroom by itself, let's just say I was preoccupied with this the entire weekend. I had to miss seeing Jeffro play at Austin Grill on Saturday night, plus the dog kept waking me like every 2 hours to go out. I had a vet tech appointment already scheduled for Saturday, but they couldn't see me about the "situation," so I had to go back Sunday as well. The whole weekend cost me over $400 in vet bills. I wish I had a rewind button to do over, but without the dog-doo part of it.

And in the world of work, my boss was out sick for 3 days plus the holiday last week, and she'll be out tomorrow. So that is good news. I found out I have an out-of-office meeting Wednesday morning, and Friday morning I go to the doctor, so I won't have a full week of work. Maybe I'll survive after all.

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Hey - we pickin' berries this weekend; provided the puppy can be trusted to keep it solid?

CC said...

Yes, let's go!