Thursday, July 13, 2006

Metro Upgrading Service?

I heard a nice public service announcement today about how metro is striving to upgrade service. Upgrade service? When are they trying to do that? And where? Maybe in some other country? The metro has been worse than ever lately. It took me an hour to get home tonight. Metro insists on running 4-car yellow trains during rush hour. I can't tell you how many times now I have missed a train because it was simply too crowded to get on. Apparently this morning it was "all 4-cars all the time" on both blue and yellow when I got to the Pentagon. It is just unbelievable. I have decided that every time I miss a train, metro will get another complaint email from me. I'm starting to write really mean stuff like "you suck" and "thanks for the continued inefficient service." It makes me feel better. If I have to be miserable, so does the person reading my email. Between the 4-car trains, sometimes waiting 8 minutes for the next train, and the escalators never working, it's amazes me Metro functions every day. Soon they'll be raising rates again to provide this wonderful service upgrade. Can you tell I'm pissed? Don't even get me started on the bus service that has gotten completely packed too because people are finally deciding they've had enough of gas prices and are taking public transportation. Have I mentioned how awful it is to start and end every friggin day dealing with all this crap? Luckily I bought a lottery ticket tonight, so I guess I'll give my notice tomorrow at work and then never leave my house.

2 comments:

jeffro said...

somebody didn't take their happy pill this morning

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be joining the ranks of the bus-to-Pentagon crowd soon. Perhaps we should open a frozen margarita stand on the bus platforms for those long, hot days waiting! --mj