Saturday, July 29, 2006

Chaos

This has been a really crazy week, but then again, how many times do I say that? I guess I just have a crazy life. Here's a highlight of the past few days:

Thursday night I had my first group music/drum class. It was all the way out in Chevy Chase, but worth the drive. The idea behind it is to play in a group setting, but to learn as you go along. The group I'm in consists of all beginners. The crazy things is there are multiple people playing one instrument, so for example we had 2 bass players and 3 guitarists. It made for a little craziness and I'm not sure I liked it. Since I was the lone drummer, I felt like I wasn't loud enough! But it was fun, and I'm looking forward to next week.

Friday night I had a sleep study to find out if I have sleep apnea. They were supposed to call today to talk to me, but I haven't heard yet. I went to one of those sleep clinics where they hook you up to crazy electrodes and machines and expect you to be able to sleep in a strange setting. Right . . . It took me 2 hours to fall asleep, when normally it's like 5 minutes and then I was disturbed by talking at 4 a.m. and woken up to leave at 5:30. It was not a fun night. Then today . . .

Jeffro moved in and we spent the morning doing that. He's still napping, I got up a little while ago. I've been semi-productive, working on a friend's resume, but I should be rearranging the disaster that is now my basement. But I guess there's plenty of time for that. Tonight is grocery shopping and then trying to get some things set up at the house.

Tomorrow we're having a small cookout with a couple of people. It should be a good time and I figure, hey, we gotta eat anyway and we're gonna need a break from the moving stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move... I'm right with you there unpacking. Bought some new shelves on Saturday and now have to put them together to get stuff off the floor! Computerguy and I went to a cookout last night, too. Must have been that kind of day! --mj

jeffro said...

Guapo's called - they want to borrow some of your salsa!

CC said...

MJ, one of these weekends after we get back from 2 back to back weddings in August, I want you and Computerguy to come over and I'll grill for you! But not steak.