Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Applause, Applause

Well, the budget meeting was interesting. About 25 or so people showed up. In a condo complex with over 1,700 units, that's not a great turnout, but apparently it's more than most years. People were really up in arms about the projected 7+ percent fee increase that could go up to as much as 15 percent, which I didn't realize. Anyway, I actually knew a few people there which was nice. The meeting got pretty contentious, and I actually made 2 comments, the first of which I got a huge round of applause. That was really awesome and unexpected. But I guess I made a good point and many people felt the way that I did. So it was gratifying and worth it to go just for that. After that comment, I just wanted to walk out the door and bask in my victory, but I sat through the whole 2-hour meeting anyway. It will be interesting to see what the board does with all of this information. They're making a final decision at the August 2 board meeting, so I guess I'll put that on my calendar as well. Maybe I'll have the parking petition signed by then and go and argue that too.

3 comments:

jeffro said...

you are the Toastmaster!

NOAAgirl said...

Yeah! You should have pulled a Constanza and walked out of the room saying "That's it, thank you"

Anonymous said...

Good job, you go girl! --mj