Thursday, July 13, 2006

Armageddon, Part 3

Well, if the recent floods in my building and lightening strike weren't enough for you, this morning a transformer blew and all the power went out before I could put makeup on and dry my hair. Luckily it's like a sauna out so I won't catch cold having gone to work with wet hair (and of course I took a huge bag of hair implements with me to fix my hair when I got to work). So I called my condo association to let them know, and then I called Dominion Power to report the outage. They have a completely automated system now to report a power loss:

Press 1 to report a power outage
Please enter your phone number or account number
Press 1 to confirm that your name is XXX
Press 1 if you have no electricity at all
Thank you for reporting your power outage. If you want to add anything to your report, press 1
Press 1 if you heard an explosion

I guess transformers blowing must be pretty common these days.

5 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Press "1" if you heard an explosion!?!? What's that about? Holy Crap!

CC said...

Yes, I am totally not kidding about it!

jeffro said...

it would be much cooler if the transformers mentioned were Optimus Prime...

NOAAgirl said...

No way... bumblebee was the best. Although I never understood why megatron didn't just totally destroy Sky screamer or star screamer or whatever the annoying one's name was.

Plus, Dinobots sucked!

jeffro said...

Starscream!