Sunday, April 16, 2006

What a Weekend

This was a really crazy weekend. I have been completely exhausted since about Thursday, so Friday night was pretty low key. What made the weekend so crazy was that on top of all the activities listed below, I had to take care of my friend's two dogs. Now most of you know that I already have two dogs, so this was double the amount of work, as I had to walk each group separately. At least the weather was gorgeous, so I really didn't mind being outside that much. I also got to spend a lot of time sitting outside on my porch, and that was really cool.

Saturday Jeffro's mom was in town and we played tourist, going to the National Museum of the American Indian. I hadn't been to there yet. It was just aight for me. The exhibit halls that had actual artifacts like masks, beaded clothing, etc. were pretty cool, but some of the other exhibits were not that great. There is a lot of wasted space in the building. The cafe was pretty neat, you could get food from about 5 different American Indian regions. I had tamales, as recommended by Lady Brett.

That night we went to see a local band, Catfish Honeymoon at Jay's Saloon & Grill in Arlington. One of Jeffro's friends also had his mother in town visiting, so he brought her as well.

Today I spent most of the day cleaning my place, which was a disaster. Tonight we went to my sister's for dinner and it was a pretty fun time. I love spending time with my 6 nieces and nephews, although it can be exhausting, especially when one of them uses you as a playground to climb on all night.

1 comment:

jeffro said...

swimming pool!!!