Thursday, April 20, 2006

Toastmaster Thursday

I can't believe it's already Thursday, thank God. The week actually went by pretty quickly, probably because my boss was out until today. Every Thursday I go to Toastmasters to improve my shoddy public speaking skills. Last week I was Table Topics Master and got to call on people to give impromptu speeches. I hate giving them, so it was great to dish them out. This week I had to give my second real speech. I just couldn't get my act together, and decided to rewrite the speech last night. I guess I did pretty well, and I even ran over the minimum time, which I didn't do last time. I got good evaluations and comments. I just wish I didn't get so nervous every time. Maybe a real toast, like on the left, would help.

2 comments:

jeffro said...

Are we going to have to call you the "TT Master" now?

NOAAgirl said...

TT master - that's so dirty-sounding. Care to make a speech about it?