Wednesday, March 29, 2006

MY First Day of Spring

Well, today was officially warm enough for me to think spring is really here. I'm so excited for winter to be over. I just hate it. This was the first day I walked at lunch without a coat and didn't wear gloves at all. Plus I left my back door open to get some fresh air inside. My dogs and I had a great walk tonight and lots of people were out and about in the neighborhood.

I have been feeling like crap all week, I just can't wait for it to end. I had my first "water cooler" conversation today. People use that expression for standing around at work shooting the breeze, but I've never actually seen it in real life involving a water cooler. Well, today there were about 4 of us standing literally around the requisite water cooler that has to be provided in order to avoid drinking DC water. The other weird thing about today was the bus ride home. It was a completely new bus with somewhat comfortable bucket-type fabric seats with a hideous print of the Capitol all over it--almost like one of those rented buses. The bus even had new bus smell, if there is such a thing.

So who will be kicked off American Idol tonight? I hate to say it, but I think Lisa's time is up. She's had one too many bad performances lately and was definitely the worst one last night, although everyone kind of sucked. So we'll see if my prediction is correct. It makes me sad. Going into this, she was my favorite.

3 comments:

jeffro said...

how would you like to live in siberia? Harvey Birdman rocks!

CC said...

You couldn't pay me enough money to live in Boston.

CC said...

Yep, even if Jeffro moved there!