Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend Roundup

Well, all in all a good weekend, though too short. Aren't they all? Here's what I did:

Friday: Jeffro and I went to our favorite sushi restaurant, Matuba in Arlington and got caught up on some tv we'd taped during the week. No, I don't have tivo yet, so this will have to do.

Saturday: I had to take the dogs to the vet for their annual physical, shots, etc. A nice $400 down the drain. Then I had to pick up a belated b-day gift for my best friend. That evening friends of mine had a tapas wine with plenty of great food and sangria. These friends have several parties a year, but this was smaller than their usual party, and that made it kind of nice cause you had more time to talk to people. There were a lot of people there from a book club, so I'm thinking about joining it.

Sunday: My goal was to give the dogs a bath, and I was successful! It's quite an undertaking and something we all dread, so this gives me quite a sense of accomplishment, not to mention makes my house more bearable. I went to dinner with my best friend and gave her her birthday gift. We went to Guapo's in Shirlington. Tonight I'm trying to get my taxes started, or perhaps done if I get lucky. We'll see. The dogs had this huge fight, which I had to break up, so I'm pretty mad at the one who started it. He's lucky I didn't kill him. Apparently, if I don't stand in the kitchen and observe the dogs eating, the younger one tries to steal the older one's food and they get into a big fight. This has happened once before but I thought it was just a fluke but I guess not. Tonight was bad and boy I am so pissed at my younger dog. When I got there, they were locked together fighting and looked like they could really hurt each other. Even after I kept yelling at my youngest dog he couldn't figure out what he'd done wrong. Now I'm just ignoring him, which he really hates. He's like a kid. Any attention is better than no attention. He's walking around crying now. This after I'd run into one of my neighbors who is thinking about getting a second dog and asked what I thought and I gave her both the pros and cons. I should have just told her not to do it!

No comments: