Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Back from San Diego

Due to delays on NWA--No Worse Airline--our flight got in over an hour late last night, bordering on midnight. By the time I got home and unpacked what was needed for the next day, it was after 1 and I was desperate for sleep, which unfortunately eluded me until after 2 or 3 a.m. I had called work and said I'd be in a bit late so I could catch a few zzzs. I got in to work only about 45 mins late to get lectured that sleeping in after vacation-related flight delays were unacceptable and people had been fired in the past for this obviously horrible act. Blah! Screw them!

Please, I implore all of you not to ever ride on NWA--they have no tv screens at all, no cheesy crappy movie to pass the time. It was 5 hours to San Diego from Detroit with no entertainment. They also didn't serve food worthy of such a long trip--just stupid snack boxes. For a trip that long, couldn't they at least sell one of those really crappy airline sandwiches?

I am totally totally exhausted tonight and need to finish unpacking and get some stuff done around here. The San Diego trip was--well, let's just say that the parts I was anticipating being bad were worse than my expectations. There were some fun times but part of me wishes I had never gone.

Anyway . . . the funniest highlight of the trip was the drunk girl who sat next to me on the plane to Detroit. She was swigging wine from an individual bottle that she'd brought on board with her. She was hilarious and we had the best time cutting up.

The day trips we took to Coronado Island and Balboa Park were really great. See Jeffro's blog for some great pics, as I lost the cable that downloads photos and can't access mine yet.

The wedding itself was an Indian wedding, and it was really interesting. I will say, however, that I think I'm through with Indian food for quite a while.

And I might not be blogging much this week. I just don't feel up to it and need a break. Tomorrow night I will probably have dinner/drinks with my neighbor and Thursday is my drum lesson. So we'll see . . . I am just feeling too tied to my computer and it's taking up entirely too much time so that's why I should end this long post now.

No comments: