Friday, January 27, 2006

Why I Love Friday

Well, besides all the obvious reasons, I love Fridays because it's our one "dress down" day of the week. However, unlike most workplaces where "casual Friday" means you can wear jeans, casual Fridays for us means "business casual." I can wear clothes on Friday that I used to wear every day to work but now I have to wear a jacket every day. I thought I would like looking super-professional every day, but it's just a drag--boring and uncreative. And also, hot on the metro.

The thing that kills me is my boss is a real stickler for the dress code, yet her "suits" aren't really suits at all. More like weird sweaters that she tries to pass off as a blazer. They try to tell us that since we're a business organization we have to dress in a very professional manner, well, maybe someone should tell my boss the 80s are over and wear some real clothes.

No comments: