Sunday, January 29, 2006

Le Weekend

Well, it was an interesting weekend all around. What gorgeous weather we had on Saturday! I took the dogs to the dog park to run around for a while. That afternoon I was supposed to go to the Andy Warhol exhibit at the Corcoran Museum with Jeffro. I drove in and really shouldn't have--there was absolutely no parking, no garages open, a couple of streets were closed to parking for no apparent reason. It was very frustrating. We drove around for a while to no avail, and I finally had to just drop Jeffro off to meet our friends and I just went home mad and we all met up for dinner later on. Then it turns out the place we selected, Cafe Dulat in Clarendon, had closed along with 2 others next to it. That is so disappointing. It was a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that had great Vietnamese food. I'm sure it's being taken over by some awful crappy chain like the recently-moved-in Cheesecake Factory.

Sunday I basically met up with friends most of the day, went to brunch at Luna Grill with a former co-worker and to dinner at Guapo's with my neighbor. I don't want to eat the rest of the week.

No comments: