Thursday, January 26, 2006

Toast and Beats

Some pretty exciting things going on today--I attended my first Toastmasters International meeting. I saw a sign at work and decided to check it out cause I suck at public speaking and I hate it and need to get better at it. I actually had a good time at the meeting, it's a very supportive atmosphere and I think I would really benefit from it. The most exciting part of this meeting was one of the members--Jocelyn. I think Jocelyn used to be John at one point in her/his life. I must say that was my first real-life encounter with a transvestite/transsexual.

And tonight I get to get out my frustrations of the day with some drum lessons. I have found a new teacher and he's coming to my house, bringing a small drum set that he will leave for me to practice. I can't wait!

1 comment:

jeffro said...

you should practice for Toastmasters by giving long monologues on the metro on the way to work.