Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good Weekend

I had a pretty good weekend, sorry to see it go so quickly. My sister was supposed to come in for the weekend but cancelled at the very last minute--postponed from arriving Friday to Saturday, then cancelling on Saturday itself*. So here's what I did instead.

Saw one of Jeffro's favorite local bands, Catfish Honeymoon, at this little hole-in-the-wall dive bar in Clarendon called Jay's. They put on a damn good show and completely packed the place, which seems like the kind of place mostly locals go.

Tonight I went to have dinner with my sister and her 6 kids. They're leaving for a week-long vacation this week to Punta Cana resort, I'm so jealous. I'd really much rather be there than here this week!

*Note to MJ: Did you go to the shower? I was going to since my sister cancelled, but I had to go to the eye doc Saturday, which ran really long and by the time it was done it was just too late, and Jeffro really wanted to go see that band. I just couldn't do it all, even though sometimes I mistakenly think that I can. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Show me someone who *can* do it all, and I'll be amazed! Nope, I gave my regrets early on for the shower, as I knew I'd be back in Bflo for Matt's opening in "Deathtrap." Great show. Sadly, there's always too many things that pop up on a weekend when I've one fun thing planned... Wish I could do it all, too! --mj