Friday, January 06, 2006

Bubble Burst?

I feel like my 3-week work-honeymoon-bubble burst today. I'm supposed to meet with each staff person to learn a little more about what they do. I met with this one girl whom I really like. She said she was good friends with my predecessor and told me stuff about my boss that I really didn't want to hear. And she said my predecessor wasn't very happy, was stressed, and worked late too much. Yippee! I'm trying not to be discouraged by it, but it's hard . . . cause I really don't want to be involved in as much stress and political crap as my last job. Only time will tell. At least I get to go to Vegas next week, leaving Tuesday and out of the office all week.

1 comment:

Pipi Longstockings said...

Just dont trust nobody. If theres one thing I learnt is just keep all your opinions to yourselves & beware of them loose lips in the office...im paranoid. i know. but once bitten, twice shy

oh, and happy New Year