Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yes I Quit!

I finally, finally turned in my resignation last night just before I left the office. It was sort of anti-climatic, really after all this build-up. Plus the big boss doesn't want anyone to know yet, as it would cause "widespread panic" and she wants to meet next week to talk about my projects and how we're going to handle them before telling the staff. She was lamenting about who was going to handle all this stuff, and I was like "how exactly is that my problem?" I must say, though, that I'm somewhat flattered that she thinks it will make this much of a stink, after all her talk about how crappy my work is. Apparently she must think I really do some actual work and make a contribution. Who knew? So that's the deal. My last day will be December 12, as she's insisting I attend our office holiday party that day so they can give me a gift and send me off in a nice way. Which I guess is pretty nice of her after all.

I just wish I could tell the world, that's half the fun of quitting is seeing everyone's reaction!

7 comments:

jeffro said...

don't worry, i'm sure she'll complain about her new job, too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job!

CC said...

Oh yes,I'm sure there will be complaints :) It's for SCORE, which is a partner with the Small Business Administration, yet it's not really government. I'll be doing different types of marketing. The cool thing is that the last person left there to go start her own business, and that's kind of my goal in life, so I'm hoping this is putting me on that path.

jeffro said...

damn, that's a lot of comments on one posting!

CC said...

My motivations for going to the lunch include free food and a promised gift . . . preferably monetary!

jeffro said...

at least you're not a dude, so you won't be getting a cheap watch in return for your service...

Pipi Longstockings said...

YAY to us resignees!!! Better jobs fer us all!!! Woohooo!! & less ass-licking, career sabotaging colleagues I hope