Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving with Kids

The holidays are always interesting when you have to spend time with your family. But spending the holidays with kids always adds a new dimension to the insanity. My sister has 6 kids—5 girls and 1 boy. Here are a couple funny stories from the holiday dinner:

As I walked to my seat after going to the buffet for seconds, my 6-year old niece (who aspires to be a cheerleader or comedienne) announced to the table that I was walking like I was really hip and proceeded to do a really funny imitation which had everyone cracking up. I guess I’m not so old if a kid thinks I’m hip, huh?

My youngest niece, who was sitting in my lap, decided to try a piece of chestnut. She started coughing, so I thought she had just bitten off too much or something, but my ever-astute sister noticed that she was actually going to throw up. My sister says, “she’s gonna blow” and I’m thinking “blow what?” By the time I finally caught on, my niece had almost started puking and my sister put out her hands to catch it and somehow I managed to transfer my niece to her and got her off my lap just in time.

1 comment:

jeffro said...

yes, yes, vomit-catching has olympic-sport potential!