Tuesday, November 15, 2005


Crazy Night!

Boy, last night's All American Rejects concert at the 9:30 Club was definitely one of the craziest shows I've ever been to. It was sold out, and the place was just packed. Jeffro and I had a good time, and managed to stay out of the craziness that included crowdsurfing and moshing. It was almost more fun to watch the crowd than the band. I have to say, even though Jeffro liked AAR, I think they're better when you just listen to their CD. I was very unimpressed with their use of some sort of accompanying track--at one point the drummer STOPPED DRUMMING and was sitting there taking a drink of water(?) and yet the drum beat went on. I felt like I was being duped, and wondered how much of the other parts of the show were pre-recorded? Boy, was I mad! I felt like they had no integrity. Plus they were just too crazy on stage--to the point where you're asking yourself how are they playing guitars and jumping around like that? I also think the lead singer was high-high-high . . . gosh, how old fart-ish do I sound? I actually loved one of the opening acts, Rooney, and I'm going to look into getting some of their stuff. Very, very good harmony vocals.

No comments: