Friday, November 04, 2005

Late Night

I’m pretty tired this morning. Last night Jeffro, his friend Pete and I went to see Butch Walker at the Black Cat. I must say I wasn’t fond of the opening act, but Butch put on quite a show. There were a couple of songs I really wanted to hear that he didn’t play, but otherwise a very solid performance. He’s got a great stage presence.

The crowd was quite something, though. Very young, I felt like some people weren’t even old enough to drink. It was weird, I kind of felt sorry for them. There were a lot of drunk and obnoxious girls who were continually hitting into me, and I have to say when I’m bothered like that in a club I get the very violent urge to really kick someone’s ass. I know one day it will happen and I’ll be thrown out for starting a fight. It’s like my impulse control disappears. Last night, for example, I tripped one girl who kept hitting into me, and later I shoved her. She was so drunk I thought she didn’t realize I did it, but Jeffro says apparently she gave me a dirty look behind my back and pretended to hit me. That was gratifying—that I pissed her off as much as she pissed me off. Hey, if they’re gonna invade my space I’m gonna invade right back. I just don’t take too kindly to people acting like you don’t even exist and thinking they can just keep knocking into you and there will be no recourse. So that was exciting.

Today I have a lunchtime interview, which I’m really looking forward to. Luckily I was able to scrub off the very large double stamp from Black Cat.

No comments: