Monday, April 30, 2007

Trip to MN

Well, my trip to MN was very interesting. Kind of a huge waste of time, work-wise. We left on Tuesday to get things set up for a judging that was taking place on Saturday. There simply wasn't enough work to justify being gone that long and I was pissed cause I've been traveling way too much. We stayed in kind of a crappy part of MN, very industrial. The block we were on had a nice restaurant right next door to Sex World. No, I'm not kidding.

I did have a couple of really nice meals while I was there. I went to Jax, which is apparently a local institution, and had walleye, a fish that is only found near MN. I also had walleye and a great meal at Cafe Brenda, another restaurant that's been around for a long time.

I got together with a friend of mine that I met as a junior in high school and I hadn't seen since. Even though I don't really know her that well, we were never at a lack of conversation, and she took me on a driving tour of some of the local lakes around the city. It was really beautiful, and some of those homes must have cost a pretty penny. As opposed to the cool new lofts they're putting in near Sex World, which were running in the 100s and low 200s. It almost made me want to buy one as an investment and rent it out. I really envied people their lifestyle. A lot of people had an extra home on a lake, or lived right on a lake. Almost made me want to move to MN. But not quite. Too cold.

I didn't get back until last night, and had to work today, so needless to say I'm not very happy about all that. I have a scratchy throat and feel kind of crappy, so I'm trying not to get sick. I am going to a new yoga class at 7:30, and hoping that maybe that will transform my current malady into health. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you taking yoga?

My allergies gave me an itchy throat last night. Stupid pollen!

mj

CC said...

I just went to the doc cause I'm pretty sure I'm sick and she's claiming it's just allergies! I'm actually home from work today.

Yoga is at someone's home in my neighborhood. It's M or Th at 7:30. If you're interested I can email you offline with info. I'm probably going to go on Mondays every week.

NOAAgirl said...

I gotta know.. did you go into SexWorld?

I totally would have.