Monday, May 07, 2007

Long Time No Post

Sorry folks, been sick and didn't really feel like posting last week. That was the sickest I've been in 2 years. Very nasty virus or something, and I'm still not feeling 100%. I really thought that I was going to wind up with a sinus infection. I even took Weds off work, but had to go in Thursday and Friday for a conference. So this weekend I tried to get some rest, but had to take my oldest dog to the vet for an ultrasound that I'd put off for a month cause I wasn't home at all in April. The results were better than I expected. Her liver enzymes have been increasing for a while, and we weren't sure why. Now we know:
  1. Her gallbladder is messed up, essentially she has a gallstone and suspicious inflamed tissue.
  2. Her liver is messed up, she has a nodule and suspicious inflamed tissue.
  3. Her adrenal glands are enlarged, which could mean she has Cushing's disease, a disease that humans also get.
The treatment is 3 weeks of antibiotics and then rechecking the blood to see where things are. Of course, this whole ultrasound, etc. set me back almost $600. That was fun. Then I gave the dogs a bath, had a drum lesson, and didn't do much else this weekend.

I'm having a short week at work, thank God, cause I'm just not in the mood right now. I'm taking Friday off to go to a wedding with Jeffro. Of course this means I'll miss Mother's Day and my sister's birthday yet again as I seem to every year. I'm not in a good mood today, but going to a yoga class tonight, so hopefully that will cheer me up or mellow me out. My job is really getting me down.

No comments: