Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What's On My Mind

I haven't blogged in a while, I've been busy as always. I haven't been feeling well, so I actually took a day off work yesterday cause I have a really busy 2 weeks ahead and couldn't afford to get sick. I'm even skipping a concert tonight cause I don't want to be out too late.

I had a bad day at work today, and I'm just not happy overall with my job.


I'm on the brink of finally getting my bathroom shower redone. It's a total disaster and I can't wait to get it fixed up. The problem is, the price is $500 higher than when I had it estimated last June, which really sucks.

I also want to gripe about the weather. I just cannot stand one more friggin cold, windy day. Is this not April? I'm so depressed about it . . . and yesterday in all that wind, the gate to my yard was completely destroyed. The only good thing about that is it's the condo association's responsibility to fix it, thank God.

This weekend I'm going to NY to visit my grandfather. He sold his house since it's hard to take care of after my grandmother died, and he's moving closer to his son, which is good. However, he chose now to do this and I'm just pissed about it. Couldn't he have waited until things settled down with my sister a little more? So I have to go up there and see if there's anything I want. Then next week I have to go to MN for work for almost the entire week.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty stressed out these days. I also was pretty upset about yesterday's incident at VA Tech. Having something like that happen is horrific, and the fact that part of it could have been avoided had officials closed down the campus really pisses me off. I just feel horrible for all of those students, who were looking forward to the end of the year. This hit me pretty hard, I think partly because we had a suicide on my hall my sophomore year, and that was just awful to go through. I can't imagine having to deal with a loss of this magnitude.

No comments: