Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Why I Hate Decisions Part 2

So my new employee started Monday. I picked her over another candidate cause she had a lot of experience and came very highly recommended. I am already ready to get rid of her. She took like 4 hours today to do something that should have taken 2 hours MAX. It just wasn't that hard. This job is very busy and stressful and a lot of work. There is no way she is going to succeed or last if she doesn't speed her slow ass up. I don't know whether to give her this feedback so early on or give her time since this was her first "big" assignment. But seriously, it was like copying and pasting and I could have done it in under an hour. I wish I had chosen the younger candidate at this point. This is the problem with decisions, the grass is always greener and I always wish I had made the other decision. It sucks.

2 comments:

LRJ~ said...

It might not be that bad. Newbies do have a little difficult time at first, even seasoned ones. There are a number of reasons why she may have taken so long, one of which may have been a feeling she needed to impress you. Give it some time. I'd do what I can to encourage and inspire her. Find out what she's good at and what seems to motivate her. Good leaders are those who get the best out of their followers so that's what you might want to try to do.

CC said...

Good advice. Thank you . . .