Saturday, April 20, 2013

Les Jeux Sont Faits

So a week and a half ago I decided to try radiation with my dog, as I felt he was getting much worse. Turns out, I was right, as the tumor had grown roughly 30%. Unfortunately, he had a bad reaction to what they give to put him under and his blood pressure was all over the place. They talked about possible kidney damage, but luckily that wasn't the case. I went for the 2nd radiation session this week, but the 1st hadn't done any good and the vet felt that the kind of palliative radiation I wanted to do wouldn't really help, so I decided not to do the 2nd. I am kind of out of options unless I want to do terrible chemo drugs. So I'm doing holistic stuff and that's it. The problem with holistic is it takes time to work, and I don't have time. They are saying 2-3 months at this point. It is just agonizing. My holistic vet is hopeful, but really, what else is she going to say? So time will tell, and I am just trying to spend as much time with my dog as possible and make his final months as good as they can be. Ultimately, I am at peace with my decision, as I feel I have tried everything and nothing is working, but it is so sad and depressing at the same time.

No comments: