Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, it's hard to believe another year has passed by. Don't we all remember the dread of 2000 and the possibility of Armaggedon and computer meltdown? That seems like just yesterday.

I hope that 2008 will be a much better year for everyone. At least Jeffro and I started the new year right with a party at the Old Dominion Boat Club. This great band, Route 66, played and we had a fun dancing till after midnight.

It's been an exhausting few days--just yesterday we got back to town after having gone to NY for a brief stint to attend my remaining grandmother's 90th birthday party. She doesn't look like she's doing well, so at least I made it up there to see her and help her celebrate.

3 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

I can't believe you got out last night after driving all weekend. DH and I are so old!

CC said...

Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous, but I got a second wind. And a nap!

NOAAgirl said...

Second wind... is that like second drink? :)