Sunday, January 20, 2008

Three-Day Weekend

It's been a pretty good and productive weekend so far and I'm very psyched to have tomorrow off. I've been taking care of my neighbor's dogs in addition to my own this weekend, so I've had double the amount of daily walks in this freezing cold temperature. Needless to say, I'm very happy she's returning tomorrow.

Besides that, I have:
  • Attended a neighbor's Robert Burns party and eaten some haggis. Check out the details on Jeffro's blog.
  • Done some housework, including vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom, in preparation for a friend coming over.
  • Cooked some fabulous lentil soup--perfect for a cold winter night.
  • Gone out to eat with said friend at Hank's Oyster Bar in Old Town. Pretty decent oysters and heavenly mac and cheese.
  • Afterwards, went shopping at my favorite little antique store and bought a cute little sterling silver and pearl ring for only $25! I've been looking for one recently, and who could beat that price?
Tomorrow the only obligation I have is a vet appointment (early in the morning, why did I do that to myself?), then hopefully just relaxing inside, although I have some work I really need to do. But it remains to be seen whether I'll be motivated to do it or not.

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Hah! You ate the haggis too! You're so brave!

I made lentil soup tonight, although not your recipe (I was inspired by a Peruvian soup I had last week - same basic premise, though)

CC said...

It was actually decent. The party host apparently knows his haggis and made sure to buy it from a "quality dealer." I love lentil soup! After tomorrow we'll be done with it already!