Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007

Well, hopefully it will be a good year. It's been quite the drama-filled end of 2006, with a trip to New York Thurs-Sat. for my grandmother's viewing and funeral. There was the usual family b.s. to deal with, traffic coming and going, and excessive money spent on a hotel. Ironically, for Christmas my grandparents had given me just about the exact amount of money that it cost to stay in the hotel, so I guess that was timely. My grandfather is actually holding up ok.

New Year's Eve was fun. Jeffro and I went to the Old Dominion Boat Club's annual party where local band, Harmless Prank, played. They were excellent and played a great selection of songs. After the festivities, the Boat Club served their awesome breakfast, with killer biscuits, eggs, sausage, and hash browns. It's like going to Denny's after a night of partying.

Since we didn't get home until really late, and I sadly cannot stay up late any more, today we spent most of the day just sacked out on the couch watching movies, which was actually great. Tomorrow I'm supposed to have the day off due to Ford's funeral in DC, but since it was supposed to have been my last day of work, and since I haven't even taken my personal things from my desk, I have to go in by myself and get things wrapped up. It kind of sucks that I won't get to say goodbye to my coworkers, but that's life. I'm not putting off my start date (Weds) yet again, since I already had to delay it by a day. I'll just have to leave them an email. This has definitely been the weirdest couple of weeks and I'll be glad to put all this behind me.

As a PS on the "Let There Be Peace on Earth" song mentioned in my last post, my aunt had chosen it as the recessional hymn for the funeral service. I had never told her about my experience on Christmas, so that was quite a coincidence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a weird coincidence. Hope you're doing well. --mj