Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Day of George

I tried posting this last night with no success . . .

My first George item relates to the newest radio station, George 104. It took over WGMS 104.1 (which moved to WETA 90.9), claiming to play music from the "70s and 80s and whatever we want." I took a listen today and was really impressed. One minute I heard a live version of "My Maria" by Brooks & Dunn, the next "Funky Cold Medina" by Ton Loc. Gotta admit, that's some variety.

My second item is a commentary on the State of the Union Address tonight. Was it me, or were there significantly less standing ovations than usual? I typically don't watch the address cause it pisses me off that people stand up and kiss butt every 5 minutes, but there definitely seemed to be a different mood this time around. It just cracked me up how most of the standing ovations seemed to be coming from only one side of the room. Other highlights for me: I loved the plethora of really bad ties, seeing Cheney sneak a mint or piece of gum, and Condi's really stern expression during her close-up. I also loved how George seemed to have no real grasp of the material he was talking about. But maybe that's just me.

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

Funky Cold Medina! That's awesome! Sign me up!

Between your post and Jeffro's Karate Kid post, I'm feeling some 80's nostalgia! When are we getting together to play your Christmas present!

CC said...

The questions are harder than I thought they'd be. I'm like, did I pay attention to anything in the 80s? We'll have to plan something soon.