Thursday, January 04, 2007

Day 2, So Far So Good

Well, I've survived the first two days of my new job. And best of all, I don't hate it yet, although I was freaking out a bit today when we had this long meeting that gave me a headache. It's just hard being new and not knowing anything. These people have worked together for years and know everything. Which, in the long run, will help me. Everyone seems really cool, they laugh a lot there, which is something I'm definitely not used to. Apparently my boss is really hands-off, and doesn't supervise much at all. My first day, I went to lunch at A La Lucia, owned by a former employee of Galileo. It was pretty decent, but I should have gotten something more exciting than what I did. I guess that means I'll have to go back. Today I had a fun outing to Staples, where I got over $300 worth of office supplies, including this cool, comfy new chair. Tomorrow, I get to wear jeans and leave the office early, since we close at 3 on Fridays. How fun is that? I must say I'm also loving the 20 minute commute through back streets of Alexandria. Overall, a good initial experience all around.

2 comments:

NOAAgirl said...

But I gotta know.. did you write this post while Jeffro was surfing for new music? Yeah on the new job awesomeness!

CC said...

No, he hasn't gotten it hooked up yet. But at least he took it out of the box and looked at it.