Monday, June 19, 2006

Exhausted!

Just got back from LAWNGISLAND--took just over 7 hours with traffic and a stop at my grandparents' for breakfast. Not bad. My brother in law took this alternate route, though, and made it in 5.5 hours. Now granted, he drives really fast, but I may have to look into that for next time. It was a fun, but exhausting weekend. Jeffro and I drove up on Saturday, left around 8:30 a.m. and hit horrible traffic right here on Kenilworth Ave. that made me want to turn around and go home. We stopped in NJ to visit and have lunch with his mom, then went up to the island, again hitting bad traffic the same place we always hit bad traffic in NY. We basically checked into the hotel and headed to my uncle's house for dinner. Sunday was a party for my grandmother, who is turning 90 later this month. It was a nice time, and my grandparents were so glad that we had made the trip up. That in and of itself made it all worthwhile. Well, plus the unexpected money that my grandfather gave me to put towards the hotel, that was nice too. After the party, we went to see some other cousins. So it was a busy weekend. I'm so not looking forward to working tomorrow. I have a meeting at 10 and an intern starting--although she emailed me that there are some problems so she might not be able to start until Weds. We'll see.

5 comments:

jeffro said...

5.5 hours! he must have been going like 80 mph the whole time! i bet he's got a radar detector, too!

NOAAgirl said...

This coming from someone I know for a fact has gone at least 115 on the Jersey Turnpike.

CC said...

What? Jeffro went 115 on the turnpike? When?

NOAAgirl said...

June (or maybe May) 1994. Between Exit 7A and Exit 5. Duration - perhaps 10 minutes.

That was before he turned into a gramma.

jeffro said...

and i wasn't even going the fastest...