Sunday, August 21, 2005

Weekend Not Over Yet

I'm taking Monday off as part of my continuing scheme to "use it or lose it" vacation time. I'm hoping to take it quiet, maybe head to the pool a little. I've been really busy this weekend, running a lot of errands and getting things done around the house. Things that have been hanging over my head forever like organizing all my books. So I feel good about what's gotten done. Yesterday I also went to my sister's to help her organize her place. She's having her son christened in a few weeks, and expecting literally hundreds of guests. So I lent a hand and will probably do so again at some point.

Today Jeffro and I went to Iota to see Last Train Home. It was an afternoon show and no smoking, so we were pretty excited. What we didn't know was that apparently it was family day or something. Almost everyone there brought their kids along, and therefore the band kept things pretty low key and quiet. We had differing opinions on the band, which was pretty countrified. I thought they were really good, Jeffro thought they were talented but not edgy enough.

2 comments:

jeffro said...

they were too much "country" and not enough "alt"

vnr406 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.