Thursday, August 25, 2005

Cloak of Invisibility

I think it would be so great to have a cloak to make me invisible at the office. I really have to go to the bathroom, but that would entail leaving my safe coccoon of the office. So far, no one has bothered me today, an hour into being here. (Guess I lost my own bet.) However, the evil receptionist sits right outside my door, and I know as soon as I open the door she will pounce. Paranoid? You betcha! But this is based on many instances of past experience. I have sent her a couple of emails today, which means she's been saving up a list of about 1,000 ridiculous questions she's just dying to ask. She is evil because despite my repeated attempts to tell her to leave me alone in the morning, she usually feels compelled to come to my door about 1/2 hour after I get in to point out something stupid, like I have a new piece of mail or something. She is so annoying! Why can't people in my office ever just friggin handle things by themselves? I'm surprised they're able to dress and get themselves to work in the morning by themselves. Ok, I'm done with my rant, so I guess I'll be brave and go to the bathroom now.

1 comment:

jeffro said...

cloak of invisibility? we're getting rather harry potterian here, aren't we? not that it's a bad thing...