Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Monday, Monday

No wait, it's actually Weds. Feels like Monday to me after being out of the office for 2 days. Chattanooga was interesting . . . their "rush hour" traffic looks like 3 a.m. on the beltway here. Not much to the city, definitely an interesting look into slower southern life. I felt like an outside dressed in my boring business attire and no appreciable Southern twang (though some of you might argue that point).

Yesterday Chattanooga definitely felt the effects of nearby Katrina, with high wind and rain. I was worried that my little "mini-jet" would get tossed and turned, but luckily it was a smooth ride.

It's total chaos at work today, and tomorrow our new president starts. And Friday is our last Friday off, marking the unofficial end of summer. Even though it was a bitch with terrible humidity this year, I'm always sad to see the hot weather end and cool weather creep in. Although I have to say Sept is the best month, weather-wise, and because it's my birthday soon. 9-11, crazy huh?!

No comments: