Thursday, June 14, 2007

Medical Condition of the Week

I feel like for the past two months I've had one health problem after another. I finally got rid of my contact dermatitis around my eyes (yeah, that was a fun, itchy time), and while I was at the dermatologist taking care of that, I had him look at this mole that was bleeding--never a good thing. He removed that and it turned out to be benign. Then I showed him this other problem I've had for a while, a lipoma, and he said "I can fix that." So since it's covered by insurance, I had it removed--excised to be precise--this week. It was an outpatient procedure and used only a local, so I was awake for the entire thing, which was really pretty gross as he dug this thing out of my leg. Considering its location, I thought it would be pretty painful, but it really hasn't been more than just a little bothersome, much to my relief. Ah, the wonders of modern medicine.

Speaking of medical conditions, my sister goes in for tests next week to determine how much her lymphoma has improved. She goes on Friday to get the results, and I think my whole family is going to lend her support. Say some prayers, everyone.

No comments: