Saturday, June 30, 2007

Good Start

Well, it's been a good start to the weekend. It was quite a busy week, complete with taking a "Knife Skills" class through Arlington County. I thought the class would be teaching things like how to chop like an Iron Chef or something, but it was a lot more about safety, sharpening, etc. At the time I was disappointed, but looking back I really learned a lot and want to get a stone to sharpen my knives. The guy who taught it--aka "Meat Head" per an email he sent prior to class--was a retired Journeyman Meat Cutter, or butcher. So that was pretty interesting. This older, retired guy with tons of great stories including teaching women prisoners to butcher!

Last night Jeffro and I kicked off the weekend at our favorite sushi place, Matuba. Today I decided to get up early to get some stuff done before I went to visit my sister. I went to the car wash at 8 am(!) before the lines started, then got some muffins and coffee to take home. I got a much-needed pedicure, and then went to see my sister and have lunch with her then do some cleaning for her. Then I went by this pawn shop I'd been before and had seen this really pretty sapphire ring. I went today to see if it was still there and it was! I managed to talk the woman down $65 so I decided to buy it! So it's been a rather good day. Tonight we're going to see Honor by August, the Reserves, and Getaway Car at Iota. I'm actually psyched to see this show. But I'm thinking I might take a nap before I go, as I'm starting to lose steam.

No comments: